Monday, January 27, 2014

It is so true that you should be prepared for the unexpected. I am currently looking for a new job because of unexpected "funding issues" at work. And now my father is ill.

My father's illness changes things a little. I now feel like I should stay in the DC area to be close.
But, I don't really want to rule out out-of-the-area jobs. I did apply for some out-of-the-area positions that I am really interested in.  I have faith that everything will work out.

By the way, I applied for a position today that required certification/acceptance of this statement: 

I certify that I have read and understand the applicant instructions for this application and that the answers given by me to the foregoing questions and statements made by me are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions or misrepresentations of facts called for in this application, whether on this document
or not, may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time during my employment.
I authorize the company and/or its agents, including consumer reporting bureaus, to verify any of this information.
I also understand that the use of illegal drugs is prohibited during employment. If company policy requires, I am willing to submit to drug testing to detect the use of illegal drugs prior to and during employment.

I certified without reservation. But I wonder how many people put false information in their applications. Would desperation drive someone to include false information in his resume? I don't think I'll ever reach that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment