Thursday, February 20, 2014

The interview yesterday went really well. I learned much more about the project/system during the interview and am happy to say that the job is a better fit than previously thought. I await the decision.

I like when things become clearer as you get additional information (and I am thinking of the phrase "shed more light on"). Some people say "The more you know, the more confused you are," but I am not sure about that. Maybe a person would be more confused if there is conflicting information or too much information or there is no understanding of the information. I can say that needs/issues etc. should become clearer as a BA collects and analyzes more information on a project. Each round should be better than the last.

Take the following activity diagram for example - it provides details on the Prepare Application for Job process in the level-0 diagram I prepared on Monday. Now that I have prepared the diagram, I realize that I use past applications a lot when preparing new job applications. This means that the level-0 diagram I prepared on Monday would need a data flow from the Applied file (data store) to the Prepare Application for Job process. The data moves in both directions. I also realize that I should add a data flow from the Interview file with calendar data store to the Respond to proposed interview/interest process. I will likely check my calendar before responding or proposing a new date and time.



So it is about learning and also getting a better understanding and/or better results with time. Now learning from mistakes and learning from the past makes even more sense.

"There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go."
- Richard Bach

"We cannot turn the clock back nor can we undo the harm caused, but we have the power to determine the future and to ensure that what happened never happens again."
- Paul Kagame

No comments:

Post a Comment