Monday, February 10, 2014

This past week was my "feel good" week. The events that made me feel good:

(1) I connected with my high-school computer studies teacher on LinkedIn (A. Mancey). I sent him a note saying that I did not plan, and never expected to be an IT/computer professional, but I am. I thanked him for those computer studies classes.
I still remember the project/coursework I completed for the GCE O Level Computer Studies Examination - a Pascal program to solve simultaneous equations.  I remember choosing that topic because I had recently learned to solve simultaneous equations in Math class and thought it was pretty cool. And I remember working really hard on that computer program and learning about arrays and memory etc. I ended up with a working program that I was proud of and got a B for my effort. I completed the exam and basically moved on. I did not choose computer studies for the GCE A Level Examinations and later went on to complete an economics degree (but I did elect two computer courses for my degree). Now I am an IT professional. I feel somewhat like someone who became something they never thought they would/could become.

(2) My sister got the new job/promotion she really wanted. She cried tears of joy when told she was selected for the position. I am very happy for her and am picturing my moment when I get the job I really want. Her success motivates me to succeed.

(3) I spent some quality time with my father.

All unplanned and unexpected, and I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment